It’s Saturday morning sofa time, which usually means I’ve got a podcast on – with my freelance, unstructured life I like to save watching tv shows and films for after dark, otherwise disorder and lawlessness would overwhelm me.
I was listening to the Dear Prudence podcast, and had to hit pause and create this blog post RIGHT NOW because she and her guest host are talking about how they are coping with stress this week and the question, “where are you taking your joy from?” just absolutely delighted me. Heck, I think I’m going to make this into a blog category, I heart this concept so much.
This week, I am taking my joy from:
- “It’s chaos – be kind.” Patton Oswalt’s new Netflix special – Patton Oswalt: Annihilation
- Waiting for my delivery of The Christmas Chronicles by Nigel Slater
- Luxuriating underneath a new duvet for the sofa, which was sorely needed in this icebox of a house
- The crisp October air, especially at night
- A cowl turtleneck in a heathery light grey that feels like a hug
- Breaking down and buying a packet of Bourbon biscuits