Winter can be charming if you look at it a certain way. There’s less pressure to be social, and I can’t think of a better time of year to pick up a book, make a cup of tea (or pour a nice whisky), and listen to the wind howl. It’s a time for dreaming, planning, and quietly working on projects. Here’s what’s been making this chilly season A-OK with me:
- This Scheepjes gradient yarn, World Scoop Whirl in Licorice Yumyum – is slowly being knitted into a simple poncho, with hopes that it will be ready by spring. I can’t wait until the yarn starts to change from white to silver, and then to a rich purple.
- Yotam Ottolenghi’s Curried Lentil and Coconut soup. I’m obsessed. I want to cook it for everyone. And I can, because it’s vegan for god’s sake.
- I don’t think I’ve raved about The Good Place yet. Such a good show, with lots of great dialogue and fantastic sight gags that reward a re-watch. Netflix.
- Also being a mega nerd by re-watching Battlestar Galactica – it’s been perfect for getting over a nasty bout of bronchitis. Amazon Prime UK
- Picked up Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food and binged his Channel 4 programme. I have been extra busy lately, so the simple ingredient lists and quick techniques are really winning me over.
- If you would like to watch Channel 4 online in Canada or the US, there are lots of fantastic VPN options out there – my favourite is TunnelBear. Phil, if you’re reading, it will work for the BEEB as well.