It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts.
That’s not to say that I haven’t had lots of things to be happy about, but life has been busy, with good stuff, great stuff, and a lovely smattering of not-so-great moments that, while uncomfortable, have been talked out over wine with friends and shifted into their proper perspective: to serve as excellent counterpoints to make happy news and events even more awesome.
These days, I’m taking my joy from:
- Days – no, weeks – of absolutely perfect weather. Blue skies, never ending sunsets, gentle breezes, lots of sunshine. And now that I have a little outdoor table and a couple of lawn chairs, my front garden is now the most exclusive place in Yorkshire for a cheeky gin and tonic, or splitting a bottle of wine.
- Related to my first point and the photo gracing this post, it’s been over a year since I bought a set of 4 pink plastic tumblers from Flying Tiger and they still make me happy every time.
- Binging old seasons of The Great British Bake Off on Netflix – especially because Jeff is just as enthralled as I am!
- Grocery shopping at the new Aldi – it’s nice to finally have a big, good, affordable grocery store in the village.
- Day trips: They blast the cobwebs out of my soul, make me glad to be alive, and fill me with gratitude for being around so much beauty and craftsmanship.
- I’ve talked about Nigella’s Chicken Mango and Chilli Salad before, but it is so delicious and perfect for warm days that it bears repeating.